Tuesday, July 22, 2008

New York, New York

Well, I went to New York on the spur of the moment. I packed up Little and left Husband home to work and play on his own and had a "Girls + Dad" weekend in the Big Apple. It was fun and yet I still have not wrapped my head around all the activities that we jammed into a two day whirlwind trip! We took a tour of Central Park, had dinner at Serendipity III, took the circle line out to Ellis Island and viewed the Statue of Liberty. We also went to Sephora and H&M (where we had the worst shopping experience ever!) and purchased much needed ;) makeup and clothing.

I fell in love with Whole Foods while I was there and wish they would bring one nearer to the Utah Valley. But then again, I wish they had a Sephora and H&M too!

Little was an angel! He was bounced around the city in a sling I made and acted heavenly (and got me quite a few seats on the crowded Subway...polite New York men) and was purely exhausted and heatstroked, as we all were by Friday night. It was 95 degrees in the city and in the Subway you could easily add 10 degrees...ICK!

I did decide, in the end, that maybe I am not cut out to be a jetsetter... I need some calm in my life. So in an effort to establish calm (haha) I started some new projects :). I will post pictures and details on Tie-dying t-shirts for Little and other various endeavors soon.

No comments: